Benefits of Music Therapy for Developmental Delays
Music therapy interventions with our developmentally delayed clients include things such as singing, rhythm, movement, drumming, playing instruments, lyric analysis, improvising, song-writing, and more. Music is used to help them:
- Increase sensorimotor skills
- Increase cognitive skills including executive functioning, memory and attention
- Improve social skills
- Increase impulse control
- Improve self esteem and self control
- Improve expressive and receptive language skills
- Increase problem solving skills
- Increase coping and transitional skills
- Improve auditory and visual-motor skills
- Increase ability to identify and communicate feelings appropriately
Sessions are tailored to the strengths, weaknesses, needs, goals, and music preferences of each individual client.
Music Therapy Session Pricing
The first session for each client is an in-depth assessment. This includes a one-hour session, an overall assessment report & treatment plan. Progress will be matched against beginning assessment and recorded weekly at future sessions.
Cost of first session is $135
Client-centered, interactive music interventions are designed to meet specific goals and improve sensorimotor, emotional, cognitive, communication, and social functioning, while promoting overall health and well-being. Interventions include but are not limited to singing, playing percussion and other instruments, moving to music, lyric analysis, songwriting, improvising, manipulation visual aids, and using music as a motivator for movement, behavior, communication, etc.
Services include a short consultation with the parent/caregiver if needed. In weekly sessions, we work on the goals and objectives stated in the treatment plan and document progress. Written progress reports are sent approximately every 4 months.
50 minute sessions are $85
30 minute sessions are $60